Submitting to My Indian Wedding
Thank you for taking an interest in submitting your wedding / session / event to My Indian Wedding. We aim to showcase the very best from our home ground as well as abroad and would love to receive your submissions! Please read through the following guidelines carefully to give your session the best chance of being accepted for publication.
Who can submit to My Indian Wedding (MIW) for publication?
We prefer receiving submissions from the photographer directly. We will consider submissions from the bride, groom or wedding planner if you have obtained permission from the photographer to submit.
What we love to feature :
Uniquely styled couple shoots / e-sessions
Pre-wedding events / celebrations
How will I know if my submission has been selected to be featured?
A MIW representative will contact you within 14 days from your date of submission to let you if your content has been chosen. Please note that a submission does not guarantee a feature. If selected, we try to post the feature within 1 to 2 months from date of submission, depending on our editorial schedule in place. If you do not hear from us within this time frame, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Semi-exclusive editorial policy
My Indian Wedding works on a semi-exclusive editorial policy. Once a wedding / shoot / event has been featured on MIW, we request that you wait at least 30 days before submitting to other publications. We accept weddings / shoots / events that have been published on international blogs / websites. Except in extreme cases, we do not accept weddings / shoots / events that have been published on South African originated wedding blogs / websites.
Preparing your submission for the best chance at publication :
We accept weddings / shoots / events of South African Indian brides done locally or abroad.
We love unique content that has not been seen before. Features that have not been published on other sites gets you boosted to the top of our selection listing.
Complete the required questionnaire – by the bridal couple and/or photographer
Select the best images from your wedding / shoot / event that best describes your day. We only accept images captured by a professional photographer and that do not have any copyright issues.
The images should tell a story with attention to detail, clean and simple flow with minimal editing – with as few effects / filters as possible.A description of the wedding/session from the bridal couple, were possible, would be preferable.Please ensure all details are supplied for the service providers involved. Submissions with incomplete information will not be considered for publication.
- Service provider full name
- Contact person
- Website / online profile links
- File names to be simple and clear with no characters being used.
- No larger than 2MB in size and and no smaller than 1500 pixels wide on the shortest side, in 72dpi
- Converted to the sRGB colour profile.
- No collages or composites allowed, single images only
- Free of any texts, watermarks on the images or embedded in the photographs’
- To be submitted via Dropbox ( folder created with your name and MIW in brackets), or
- other file sharing links – Wetransfer etc.
- Number of images allowed :
- Real Weddings – 50 to 70 images
- Couples sessions / Styled shoots – 20 to 50 images
- Pre-wedding events – 20 to 50 images
- We accept highlight reels for real weddings with a maximum length of 3 minutes
- captured and edited by professional cinematographers, to add to your real wedding feature.